Sometimes it is overly appearant to me that I do not sparkle the way that the world says I should. It is a fact that feels like the thing that stands between me and all that I want most. Sometimes I feel much like a little girl wishing to be a princess in a castle, believing that just being the princess would solve all my problems.
There is something about being a princess that means you are special just because you are. In the world today we have royalty of different kinds and the truth is that by today's standards I am still not a princess and I do not sparkle.
Last night at the temple I started to think about things that sparkle. During Christmas time there is so much that sparkles (and truth be told I love all of it). However those things that sparkle are not practical at all...ever notice that. We make things sparkle to give them meaning that they don't naturally have.
Trees and houses light up during this time of year, but in truth they have no more value than their unlit version all year round.
Presents wrapped in shiny paper will be the ones that we use in everyday life over the course of their lifetime (which usually doesn't last as long as our lifetime)
People dress up to sparkle for family and friends during this time of year. Best clothes are put on our families and pictures are taken...so what wish see our family as can be seen to others.
I wonder sometimes if people realize that it is not the sparkle that gives things value in the long run, it is their usefulness. I think of the YW values
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Works
Knowledge
Choice and Accoutantablity
Good Work
Integrity
Virtue
Did they forget to add that Women need to sparkle to get attention. I mean that is what all the magazines say. So I try to make my hair cute, spend money on losing weight, and make time for the contact lens upgrade I need. All of this and I still don't sparkle.
So my best hope in life is to be like a chandler, clean and clear enough to relect light. In the end it is only the Light that sparkles anyway. I may never convince anyone here that I sparkle enough to be in a magazine, but I will reflect the Light that brings lasting happiness to those I love.
1 comments:
Beautiful post Posse. Love you!
Post a Comment