“First, ‘Be in the world.’ Be involved; be informed. Try to be understanding and tolerant and to appreciate diversity. Make meaningful contributions to society through service and involvement. Second, ‘Be not of the world.’ Do not follow wrong paths or bend to accommodate or accept what is not right.”
Charles Didier, “Choosing Right When the World Is Wrong,” Ensign, Feb 2010
I love this quote. I find that in my job I have many opportunities to be understating, tolerant and appreciate diversity. I often find myself working with the least of these. What a blessing to be able to work day to day give service to those who need it most. I admit that I am often convinced that what my clients really need is a solid understanding of their relationship with the Lord and His powerful Atonement. We are blessed to be his servants. It is in that way we come to know our Savior.
We must know Christ better than we know him; we must remember him more often than we remember him; we must serve him more valiantly than we serve him. Then will we drink water springing up unto eternal life and will eat the bread of life.
Howard W. Hunter, “He Invites Us to Follow Him,” Ensign, Sep 1994
Howard W. Hunter, “He Invites Us to Follow Him,” Ensign, Sep 1994
1 comments:
Thank you for your thoughts
Post a Comment