This weekend I realized that recently I have been scared of my own power...not because I am all kinds of wonderful, but because I tend to stand out. I don't mean to do it, and recently I have worked really hard not to stand out...more than that to be invisible in some ways.
I find that dating is more difficult when you are thought of as powerful...so maybe if men thought I was a damsel in distress I would be less threatening...this is not working.
I can't stand to be less than my authentic self...so here is my quote that supports that it is more important to meet our potential then to meet our knight in shiny armour.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous?Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you.We were born to make manifest the glory ofGod that is within us.It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,we unconsciously give other peoplepermission to do the same.As we are liberated from our own fear,Our presence automatically liberates others.
0 comments:
Post a Comment