Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Soap Box Moment

So I think of myself as a tolerant person. I work with so many people from so many backgrounds that I have learned to put up with a lot. But the other day a guy tried to explain to me that if we are going to go on a date I would have to drive because he doesn't have a license....SORRY BUDDY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I know I am being critical and not understanding...but this is a pet peeve of mine. As a man who wants to fill the role of protector and provider you need to be able to transport yourself at the least to places of worship, business, education, and entertainment.

**PS for all my married friends....if your spouse has a driver's license then give them a big kiss and be grateful that they are willing to help with the mundane transportation needs of your family***

2 comments:

Emily and Bryce said...

Jen,
My wife just gave me a hug and kiss. Your blog is always so fun to read! We hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

If you do not agree with Jenny then you can blame her dad.
Signed,
Her Dad