Monday, September 8, 2008

Thanks Mr. Bus Driver!

So I will begin with the end. When I boarded the shuttle from SLC to Idaho Falls today the bus driver (an older grandpa type) said to one of the passengers "that is a good girl you better take really really good care of her"

I kind of laughed to myself that this man was getting dating advice from a stranger, but hey it was good advice. We should all take good care of each other.

Friday I flew to Phoenix to spend some time with Bryan in his territory. We did a lot around the house and with his son (who says we might be friends soon...this is good coming from a 2.5 year old). I had authentic Japanese sushi (this is impossible to find in Idaho). While we were eating the little man got down and crawled under the stools before we could catch him, and the group he was under turned and looked at me to tell me that my son had gotten away...lol. It was nice to do the family style dinner with the little man and then we followed that up by doing some home decor research at IKEA.

Saturday morning I rearranged the furniture in Bryan's living room...I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into. He let me be the "creative genius" while he was the muscle (mom says she thinks he might of been afraid I would damage the large TV). We did some organizing with the new shelf that was purchased the night before and then Bryan had to go to work. While Bryan was at work the Little man and I spend some time bonding. We cleaned his room together and watched a couple of his favorite movies. Later after Bryan got home the adults went to see a movie and then walked around the outdoor mall. There was a ASU football game on so most of restaurants were busy but we found a nice BBQ place and had the manager attempt to find a sports channel.

Sunday morning we went to church. He has a very nice ward and there were all very welcoming. the little man even went to nursery by himself for a little while. Bryan made dinner and we had some interesting debates while playing with the little man and staying inside...away from the 107 degree weather.

I flew home today and me the the marriage therapist bus driver. I thought it is nice to have someone be really really good to you. Thanks Mr. Bus Driver I hope we all remember those words when we think of the people who choose to be in our lives.

3 comments:

EmmaP said...

sounds like fun!!! I am glad you are all hitting it off. And keep control of your "son" by the way, will ya??? Too cute!!!

EmmaP said...

oh - and i finally posted Big-D's pics on my blog... tee hee

idahohubers said...

Sounds like you had fun. Those are my old stomping grounds... If you ever live there I'll have to tell you some inside secrets! You really do adjut to the heat eventually. One of the best things to do is sit inside in chilly AC until you feel freezing cold and then go outside - then the heat is so wonderful (for about 30 seconds). I also love to find AZ connections; so I wonder if I know someone, who knows someone, who knows Bryan!