Who knew! I mean seriously so many adults have stressed and prayed over this issue for years. Of course we couldn't figure it out. I mean we weren't ready. First my brother had to grow up and get married. Then they had to wait to have children. Then we had to wait for Brooklyn to grown up and develop a cognitive thought process that would allow her to explain it all to me.
For months now Brooklyn has been asking when I am going to start having children. I mean come on...I am her ONLY aunt that doesn't have children, so she knows that it is my turn. (Hint Hint, Nudge, Nudge) Ellia has asked as well. Sammy chimes in every now and then. Jarom has asked before. Ben hasn't asked forever. Caleb Michael is still looking at me kind of weird. The rest think I am their personal jungle gym, so they are pretty satisfied for now.
Tonight April, Sarah, and Brooklyn came to see me. It is kind of nice that my family visits my little apartment. Brooklyn colored a picture, then she wanted me to put some string on some beads to make some jewelry (this is something that all her aunts have in common). Then we played a little game. As she was putting on her jacket she looked at me once again and asked, "Aunt Jen, when are you going to have kids". I reminded her that, "first Aunt Jen has to get married in the....". "Temple" Brooklyn finishes.
I then quickly explain that I have to find a husband first. Well this is easy Brooklyn decides. "Come over to my house and I will show you your husband Aunt Jen."
Well Brookie, I am there. See you tomorrow!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Faith of little children
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am interested in the ending to this story. Yeah Brookie, who is Aunt Jen's husband?
Post a Comment