Women’s Conference is always enjoyable. This year it was a different experience. This year my focus changed from how the lessons affected my growth and answered my questions to thoughts of how I would teach my children the lessons of the gospel.
I don’t have children, so there was certainly an element of surprise as I felt my heart swell with love for my children. There was a urgency as my mind started to quickly break down the lessons into how I can be that example. The kind of example that my mother has been to me my whole life.
I want to be that kind of mother. The kind that lives the gospel by example. The kind that does the right things for the right reason. Acting with purpose as I lead my family. Moving forward each day doing the things that have to be done before I do the things I want to do. Giving my time, talents, and efforts to bring the souls of my children, my husband and all of my family to Christ.
I am not going to lie to you, there is a very real ache in my heart. There is a pain for the people I don’t have in my life. There is a pain for the lessons that I can’t teach to them right now.
I have complete faith that for me to gain exaltation I will need to do all of those things. I will need to give all of myself. That opportunity will come.
It is because I know how it feels not to have that opportunity that I can be sure that when it comes, that day when I am asked to give up what seems like my own life for the life of my family I will not flinch, stumble, or stall. I will take that opportunity to give all, because it is taking all I have to wait for THAT opportunity.
0 comments:
Post a Comment