Friday, May 15, 2009

You might be a PSR worker if…

In honor of me taking a new job in Provo Utah I wanted to note the things that have made my job as a Psychosocial Rehabilitation Specialist….so it is time for a top ten list.

You might be a PSR worker if…

10.You have ever had a business meeting in a retail store.

9.You have ever been called by 911….really happened people.

8.You have ever taken possession of personal items while a client is being hand cuffed and sent to detention (read jail).

7. You have ever dealt with suicidal ideology over the phone in a bathroom stall on a date.

6. You have had a client walk naked into a room.

5. You gave out a business card in the psychiatric ward of a hospital.

4. You talk a client out of going the ER by using ice cream.

3. Your analyze the physical interactions of your friends by the appropriate touch book you used with your client who is in elementary school

2. You have mentally created Service Plans for each of your family members.

1.You cannot resisted feeling tempted to correct your friend’s attention seeking behavior.

3 comments:

Amber Handy said...

I hope this was the news you were calling me about!!! I am SO EXCITED! Sorry I missed your call but I'll be calling you very soon :)

EmmaP said...

yeah!!! for moving to utah, that is! and the rest totally had me cracking up! i may just have to forward to my counselor! lol!

(my name is Emma, and sometimes I use attention-seeking behaviors)

Kimberly said...

This is probably my favorite top ten list of yours. props chica!