Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Today we celebrate the day the Mormon pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley and called it home. I want to tell you of how I made a home in the Rocky Mountains.

When I ran away...I mean left...California to come to live in Idaho with my parents in the summer of 2006 I had one plan...

To become the most intimidating single woman alive...okay so it wasn't a good plan, but it was the plan and it led to the decisions to buy a home.

That move proved to be a better plan than I could have ever imagined. Within five months I had gotten my finances in order and closed escrow...after I learned what escrow was. Now there was a lot of stress involved and a huge learning curve and lots of house hunting....and my poor realtor got told off more than once...but it was worth it.

When I walked in my home I knew it was the place for me. I don't really know how to explain the feeling other than it was just right. The home was built in 1950 and it's upper portion was added on by local ward members 10-15 years later (I didn't find that out until later). Everything from the red dining room and built-in bookshelves just seem to say that it was the perfect house for me.

Almost two full years in and all I can say is

There is no Place Like Home!

2 comments:

John and Kami said...

Your house is so cute! I really am going to come visit one of these days...

Amber Handy said...

Finally, pictures of your house! It's is adorable. Will and I can't wait to come and visit! Oh, and maybe Jeff too :)